Surprising Health Benefits Of Garlic - The benefits of garlic are many that we can feel for everyday life. Garlic including the family of tubers. Garlic is often known as cooking spices and is well known in various parts of the world. What makes this herb popular is its ability to prevent cancer.
But unfortunately, sometimes its stinging scent makes the plant not consumed much directly, but only as a spice, so only in the small amount of garlic we consume.
Almost all natural ingredients have their respective properties in the body. So it is with garlic, but before switching to its benefits, it helps us to know the nutritional content of the garlic.
Surprising Health Benefits Of Garlic
1. Benefits of Garlic Has Allicin Compound, Used For Drugs
Garlic is a plant that has been used since ancient Egypt, allicin content is one of the substances used as a drug. Allicin is one of the most active and major active biological components in garlic. What is the function of this allicin? It is an anti-bacterial substance contained in garlic.
Various research has been done on this substance and found that it has important effects for some health issues below:
- Lose weight
- Dilute blood
- Prevent hypertension
- Anti-cancer substances
- And anti microbial / bacteria.
This substance is what makes the characteristic smell of garlic. Garlic contains a sulfur compound called Allicin, which is believed to be a very large role and brings health benefits that are second to none.
2. Garlic Herbal Anti Cancer
Wowwww, at least that's the reaction found by researchers when examining the efficacy of garlic for the most dangerous diseases of cancer. Garlic deserves to be called an anti-cancer herb / plant, the content of allyl sulphide is contained in garlic which causes it as an anti-cancer herb.
One of the tangible evidence the researchers found was the content of PhIP, a form of heterocyclic amine (HCA) which is a substance that can trigger breast cancer for women. From various studies conducted diallyl sulphide substances contained in garlic inhibit the growth and transformation of PhIP into a carcinogen that can ultimately lead to breast cancer.
But keep in mind that garlic has an effective anti-cancer substances to prevent cell growth from various types of cancer that are harmful to you.
3. Powerful Lowers High Blood Pressure
This is the benefit of tested garlic, has been a lot of research that gives out the fact that garlic effectively lowers high blood pressure around 7-8% (Source: WebMD). Even the effects of garlic can lower blood pressure in normal people. Most studies use certain garlic powder.
4. Garlic Rich In Nutrition and Low Calories
Garlic is one of the herbs that have a very good nutritional content and in need by the body. Garlic is very high in vitamin C and calcium and iron.
Here is a summary of the nutrients given by garlic per 136 Gr of garlic:
- Vitamin C; Meets 71% daily requirement
- Calcium; Meet 25% daily requirement
- Iron; Meet 13% daily requirement
- Carbohydrates (45 grams); 15% daily requirement
- Fiber (3 g); Meet 11% daily requirement.
Nutrients contained in the content of garlic is very beneficial to the human body, but uniquely it does not contain substances or nutrients that may be harmful to the body if too large such as saturated fat and calories.
This herb is certainly able to help support the health of the body and make us free from various dangerous diseases.
5. Antivirus / Anti-bacterial source / Antioxidant is very powerful
The most popular efficacy of garlic is a very rich source of antioxidants and certainly needed by the body. Not only to prevent, garlic is also known as anti virus and bacteria, substances contained in garlic can help prevent the development of bacteria, fungi, yeast, and viruses and worms in the body.
6. Powerful Trimming Bad Cholesterol (LDL)
One of the other greatness of herbal / spice in Indonesia's most famous cuisine is its ability in lowering bad cholesterol. It is able to cut LDL (bad cholesterol) in the body significantly, various research proves that it can cut LDL as much as 10-15%. Do not worry about your HDL (good cholesterol), although it's a potent garlic to lower LDL, but it does not have a significant effect on HDL, so you'll stay healthy.
Insulin production can be stimulated by consuming garlic, it is the same as the benefits of coffee that is consumed wisely. Increased insulin reduces blood sugar levels.
7. Want Longevity? Garlic The solution
Age is the secret of God, but with a myriad of benefits of garlic that we discussed there is no harm that regular consumption of garlic can help improve longevity and longevity. Here are some considerations.
- Avoid cancer, the ultimate killer in the world
- Avoid heart disease with the ability to cut LDL in the blood.
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Anti-oxidant + Anti Bacteria + Anti Virus
The fourth of the above functions is one of the factors to support for youthful life and longevity. Avoided from various dangerous diseases and anti oxidants as well as anti-bacterial is the key to healthy happy life.
8. Effective Garlic For Beauty Skin
Not only the health that is supported by garlic, as well as the benefits of cucumber, garlic also provides very good benefits for skin beauty.
Clean blackheads. Blackheads often appear in the nose area and disrupt the appearance. Simply puree the garlic, then apply on the area with blackheads.
Eliminate scar stains. Scars sometimes create a lack of confidence for those who do. Benefits of garlic, provides anti-inflammatory properties that can clean up the rest of the wound on the skin. Apply garlic on the wound stain.
Acne medication. One clarified garlic cloves then smear on the surface of the skin contained acne, then let stand 10 minutes or use before bed. The next day, the acne will be deflated and smaller, do it regularly to get optimal results.
9. Preventing Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease
Can koq garlic to prevent neurological diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer's this? Neural or oxidative damage caused by free radicals is very important in the aging process. Garlic contains antioxidants that support the body's protective mechanism against oxidative damage.
Garlic supplements have been shown to increase antioxidant enzymes in humans, as well as significantly reduce oxidative stress in patients with high blood pressure.
The combined benefits such as cholesterol and blood pressure reduction, as well as antioxidant properties, can help prevent common brain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
10. Garlic Can Cut Weight
Various studies have found that the anti-inflammatory substances contained in garlic can help regulate the fat cells that form in our body. Obesity or weight occurs when fat continues to form, this stage transforms Pre-adipocytes into fat cells (adipocytes) through a process we call inflammatory system. Vinyldithiin substances contained in garlic can help inhibit the occurrence of this inflammatory process is certainly good to prevent weight loss.
11. Eliminating Very Powerful Toothache
Garlic can sometimes be useful at a critical or urgent time when you experience toothache, wahh ?? why ? Toothache is generally caused by the bacteria found on your teeth. Anti-virus properties and bacteria that exist in garlic can eradicate and eliminate the bacteria that cause toothache. In addition it also has a potent analgesic to overcome your toothache.
12. Increase Iron Metabolism
Current research on garlic has shown that it is very powerful in boosting iron metabolism. Iron is stored in cells that exist in our body, the next activity is the transfer out of the cell and back in the circulation of the body that would require a protein called ferroportin. Ferroportin is a protein that runs across cell membranes, and provides a bridge for iron to cross and leave cells. Garlic can increase the production of this protein so as to help keep the iron circulating in the body as needed.
20 Best Benefits of Sprouts
41 Best Benefits Of Olive Oil
Important to Know About Garlic
There are several ways of serving garlic that may be your alternative to be enjoyed or for your health.
- In stir fry, any dish would need garlic, if you want to get the benefits at least you can add some more points.
- Mixed with soy sauce, sliced or mashed and mixed with soy sauce is quite interesting for consumption.
- Made sambal
- Made vinegar / crackers / empek-empek
- Eaten directly, if you can, eaten directly will give a good effect.
These are some of the possible side effects of garlic that you need to consider (source: WebMD).
- Side effects on the skin, If you use it for the skin, garlic is very "dangerous" if you apply too thick because it will cause like burn marks.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: Garlic POSSIBLE SAFE in pregnancy when consumed in reasonable amounts. Garlic may be unsafe when used in large quantities in pregnancy and lactation. There is not enough reliable information about the safety of using garlic when pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Children. Garlic may be SAFE when drinking and appropriate for short periods in children. But garlic may not be safe when taken in large doses. Some sources suggest that high doses of garlic can be harmful or even fatal to children; However, the reason for this warning is unknown. No case reports available significant side effects or deaths in children associated with consuming garlic.
- Bleeding. Garlic, especially fresh garlic, can increase bleeding.
- Digestive problems. Garlic can cause irritation of the gastrointestinal tract (GI). Use it wisely if you have problems with digestion or gastric function.
- Surgery / Surgery: Garlic may cause bleeding. Stop consuming garlic at least two weeks before the scheduled surgery.
Surprising Health Benefits Of Garlic - Well, that's a variety of interesting information about garlic, may be useful for you.