Health Benefits of Starfruit - Carambola is a fruit that comes from the country with a tropical climate. The fruit is yellowish when it is ripe, with the shape of the fruit that much-loved people. Star fruit is very refreshing, so often processed into a variety of recipes. Apart from the taste that shake the tongue, star fruit is also very good for health and also provide benefits for beauty.
Benefits of Carambola for Health
Carambola is one of the richest exotic fruit benefits. About 100 grams of star fruit, provides 31 calories much lower than for other popular tropical fruits. In addition, a number of important nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins contain a number of benefits for starfruit health.
1. Enhances Digestion
The fruit along with the leather belimbing provide a supply of dietary fiber. Fiber helps prevent the absorption of LDL cholesterol in food in the gut. Fiber will also help protect the intestinal mucous membranes from exposure to toxic substances by binding to cancer-causing chemicals in the colon. Fiber content in starfruit makes digestion healthier and avoid the risk of colon cancer symptoms.
2. Cancer Prevention
Benefits of starfruit provide vitamin C which is a prevention against the onset of cancer symptoms. Star fruit contains vitamin C in large quantities. Vitamin C is a powerful natural antioxidant. Approximately 100 g of star fruit will give 34.7 mg or about 57% of vitamin C intake needed every day. In general, the benefits of fruits rich in vitamin C will help the human body develop resistance to infectious agents, free radicals and anti-inflammatory for the body.
3. Rich in Antioxidants
Starfruit is rich in antioxidants like flavonoid polyphenols. Some of these important types of flavonoids include quercetin, epicatechin, and gallic acid. Total polyphenols in this fruit reach 43 mg / 100 g. These compounds help protect from, from the effects of free radical damage.
4. Enhance Enzyme Work
In addition, starfruit is a source of vitamin B complex such as folate, riboflavin, and piridoksin (vitamin B-6). Taken together, this vitamin helps as a co-enzyme factor in metabolism as well as supports various synthetic functions of enzymes in the body.
5. Overcoming High Blood Pressure
Carambola contains a number of minerals and electrolytes such as potassium, phosphorus, zinc and iron. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids, which helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Thus, it will suppress the adverse effects of sodium. Healing of hypertension is mostly done with starfruit therapy, by consuming it regularly.
6. Overcoming Kidney Disorders
If someone has complaints of kidney disorders, then starfruit can be consumed because it has a very high concentration of oxalic acid. Scientists consider it an anti-nutritive compound, such as interfering with the absorption and metabolism of some of the natural minerals such as calcium, magnesium and so on.
7. Reduce bad cholesterol levels
In starfruit there are pectin substances that reduce cholesterol in the blood. Pectin binds cholesterol and secretes bile acids in its secretions. Of course this is very good for people with diabetes symptoms.
8 Health Benefits of Beets
31 Benefits of Dragon Fruit For Health
The Benefits of Starfruit For Beauty
Like the good content described earlier, starfruit is able to prevent and deal with various health problems. In addition, the benefits of starfruit is also used as a beauty treatment, the following are:
- Star fruit provides another good nutrient for hair. Carambola is an excellent natural remedy for hair loss because it is a good source of antioxidants and vitamin C that can help delay the aging process.
- Vitamin B Complex, very important for hair growth and helps in keeping hair strong and healthy, widely available in star fruit.
- Eat star fruit or using starfruit directly on the skin of acne or oily skin as a face mask.
- Star fruit contains zinc which reduces the tendency of acne. It is fully recommended for people of all ages because it has antimicrobial effects.
Nutritional Content of Star fruit Fruit
The most abundant star fruit content is vitamin C, as it is contained in the benefits of oranges, the benefits of lemon and the benefits of guava. Vitamin A in belimbng produces good antioxidants for the body. Other building materials, such as minerals, folate, fiber (fiber), here are some of them:
- Calories - One serving of star fruit equivalent to about 2 percent daily value for calories, assuming a daily diet of 2,000 calories. Carbohydrates provide about 30 calories in a serving of star fruit.
- Carbohydrates - Carambola contains 9.5 g of carbohydrate per serving, including 2.5 g of dietary fiber. Starfruit provides 3 percent of the daily value of carbohydrates and 10 percent of the daily fiber requirement.
- Protein and Fat - One serving of star fruit contains 1 gram of protein, which is 2 percent of daily requirement. Starfruit also has 1 g of fat, which provides about 2 percent of the daily value. This fat content is composed entirely of unsaturated fats. Star fruit does not have saturated fat, trans fat or cholesterol.
- Vitamins and Minerals - In one starfruit contains 24 mg of vitamin C, or 40 percent of the daily value for vitamin C. Provides about 15 percent of the daily requirement of vitamin A. The iron content in the star fruit is about 0.36 mg, or 2 percent of the daily value. Carambola contains calcium, potassium or sodium.