How Does High Lift Hair Color Work? - Let me guess. You was raised playing with Barbies and watching beautiful women like Gwyneth Paltrow and Scarlett Johansson in movies. For that reason you’ve harbored this imagine going blonde yourself some day. And in fact now the day has come. You’re all grown up and you also don’t need to bring your mum’s permission when creating any major decisions concerning your hair (or, a minimum of, Do you don’t ! ). And thus begins your quest. You spend hour after hour doing endless Google searches with a similar damn question – “How to color your hair blonde? ”. And each subsequent website you open confirms a similar thing that the same former stated – that bleach damages your hair. Irreparably. You scream, you cry, you mourn. “Is this finished of my blonde hair dreams? ”, you wonder despairingly. Well, I’m here to tell you just how it doesn’t need to be. We’re living inside the 21st century in the end ! Scientific advancements are now being made daily and also the hair coloring industry isn‘t any exception. As a greater number of people were forgoing bleaching their hair altogether due to the damage it caused, a brand new kinds of hair color was developed – high lift hair color. And It‘s revolutionized the way in which individuals are going blonde now.
How Does High Lift Hair Color Work?
What Is High Lift Hair Color?
High lift hair color is nothing but a permanent hair color that lightens your hair without having the help of the bleach. It basically strips or “lifts” many of the natural pigment from the hair and deposits the dye in it, both simultaneously. The higher degree of ammonia and color pigment which are found in high lift hair color are what help it try this job. The ammonia especially helps open in the cuticle helping your hair use the colour. High lift hair color is designed in combination having a double ratio of 40 volume developer that activates the lightening agent inside it and tones your hair simultaneously. However, numerous stylists do recommend toning your hair once again after employing a high lift hair color to obtain the exact hair look which you desire.
What Are The Differences Between High Lift Hair Color And Bleach?
Now, before you begin celebrating the downfall of bleach and begin dreaming about dyeing your hair blonde yet again, usually there are some major differences between both of these products you‘ll want to observe :
- The very first (and perhaps the foremost important ) difference between both of these is while bleach can lighten your hair from anywhere between 3 to 8 levels, high lift hair color cannot lift pigment and lighten your hair greater than 5 levels. This means only individuals with dark blonde hair will go light / platinum blonde using high lift hair color. So, when you have dark brown hair and imagine visiting a super light blonde shade, then bleach will probably be the best choice.
- Though high lift color lightens along with tones your hair, stylists still recommend toning your hair again to obtain the exact color which you desire. When one thinks of bleaching, toning is absolutely essential to eliminate orange / brassy tones.
- You will know that irritation and burning sensation you experience when bleaching your hair? Those really certainly can be a thing in past years when utilizing high lift color.
- High lift color can‘t be designed to lighten dyed hair as dye cannot lift dye. Hence, it may only to become applied on virgin hair. When you have dyed hair, you‘ll need to make use of a hair dye remover before bleaching it.
- High lift hair color is relatively less damaging within your hair than bleach. However, it may still wreak havoc in your hair if used incorrectly.
When Can You Prepare High Lift Hair Color?
Prior to deciding to lighten your hair employing a high lift hair color, You will find a few requirements you‘ll want to meet. You must have virgin hair that‘s in healthy condition and already dark blonde / light brown in color. When you have skilled a permanent hair service (like straightening, perming, etc. ), wait two weeks before using high lift hair color onto it. On exactly when to ready high lift hair color, ensure It‘s right before you decide to apply it within your hair. Because it requires a good share of chemical reactions to lighten your hair that take place immediately after mixing it, leaving it for an extended time period before applying it within your hair will weaken its lightening properties.
How To Apply High Lift Hair Color?
Now you will know everything you‘ll want to understand about how high lift hair color works and just how it differs from bleach, let’s look into ways to actually apply it to lighten your hair !
What You Need
- High lift hair color
- 40 volume developer
- Hair brush
- Old t-shirt
- Rubber gloves
- Hair dye brush
- Sectioning clips
How To Apply High Lift Hair Color
- Start by mixing your high lift hair color and also your 40 volume developer inside a bowl using the help the of the hair dye brush inside a 1 : 2 ratio (i. e., if you‘re using 1 oz. of hair color, add 2 oz. of developer inwith it ).
- Put with an old t-shirt to avoid staining your good clothes.
- Put in your rubber gloves.
- Part your hair first horizontally then vertically to divide it into 4 sections.
- Pin up 3 from the sections of your respective hair with sectioning clips, leaving loose the section you would like to start applying the high lift hair color to first.
- Picking up 1 / 4 to 1 / 2 subsections of hair at any given time, start applying the high lift hair color to all of your hair employing a hair dye brush.
- Use your fingers to pull down and work the colour with the length of your respective hair.
- Leave the hair color to develop to the duration of your time indicated upon the box (which ought to be approximately 45-60 minutes ), ensuring you check the shade your hair has reached at regular intervals.
- Wash from the high lift hair color with tepid to hot water till the water runs clear.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
Therefore the question remains – high lift hair color or bleach? The answer lies in what hair color you’re aiming for. When you have dark brown and wish to go totally blonde, your very best of action will certainly be to bleach it. But in case you possess a light brown or dark blonde mane, high lift hair color will fit your tastes perfectly.
5 Health Benefits Of Venison
29 Benefits Pigeon Meat For Health
How Does High Lift Hair Color Work? - Have anymore questions regarding this intriguing new hair color? Comment below so we can get to you.